Tuesday, December 9, 2014

No Longer: A Passage by Stephanie Lahart

No longer will I allow you to talk down to me. No longer will I be afraid to speak and take up for myself. No longer will I allow your words to hurt me. No longer will I compare myself to the next person. No longer will I feel guilty for saying “NO.”  No longer will I be afraid to eat and enjoy the foods that I like. No longer will I give up on my goals. No longer will I start something and not finish it. No longer will I play second when I should be first. No longer will I allow you to physically or emotionally hurt me. No longer will I allow my precious time to be wasted on senseless things.

 No longer will I be too busy to enjoy and create lasting memories with the people that I say I love. No longer will I be too busy to hear you. No longer will I take your kindness for weakness. No longer will I look for a way out. I will face my fears and disappointments. No longer will I make excuses. No longer will I put off today what is not promised to me tomorrow. No longer will I listen and accept your negativity. No longer will I carry the weight other peoples’ problems. No longer will I be afraid to go out by myself. No longer will I allow my attitude to get the best of me. No longer will I be afraid to make important decisions for myself. No longer will I fail to follow through on what I said that I’d do. No longer will I doubt my abilities. I will give myself a chance. No longer will I allow my past to define who I should be. No longer will I be afraid to take chances.


Today I choose to live life more abundantly. I won’t allow anything or anyone to get in the way of me having complete peace in my life. There’s nothing like having inner peace.

 Choose this day to make that change. Make the necessary adjustments in your life so that you can experience and live in complete peace too.

- Stephanie Lahart (Author & Poet) 






No comments:

Post a Comment